We have all come across several situations where we need to surf the internet anonymously or get things done in a way that is somehow restricted by our ISP or the Government. This is where a VPN kicks in.
A VPN is a “Virtual Private Network”. It is a method of connection which adds security and privacy over public networks. It is used by several bodies for various purposes. It provides security and unrestricted access to the internet.
Why do we need VPN?
Let’s be honest, we need and we use VPN in unknown ways to get things done over the internet. These might include accessing media files, getting a quick update of your favorite gaming title which is already available in some other country, masking yourself so that your activity remains hidden from your local ISP or the organization and a lot more.
Using a VPN service is also considered important nowadays by top organizations. This helps them in encrypting their data and sending them to the required places without the risk of being hacked or data being hijacked. VPNs are the cheapest solutions to secured surfing as their monthly price tags have come so low in recent times.
What about benefits?
There exists a bucket load of benefits that arise from a single use of a VPN connection. A free VPN also allows great benefits. Let us reflect upon a few:
- Security: The primary benefit of using a VPN is security. It is of utmost importance that your data that is being exchanged over a network is encrypted and a VPN helps you do so. It reduces the risk of sensitive data being intercepted by unwanted predators. Apart from that, VPN works through servers so it eliminates the risk of the human element in the entire process.
- Anonymity: Using a VPN will let you anonymously browse the web without the possibility of being traced or tracked either way. What a VPN does is that it exchanges your original IP Address with another one and there is no proof of data being sent or received on your original IP Address.
- Independent Browsing: A VPN will let you use the internet the way you want and not the way your ISP or the local Government wants. With the help of VPN, you can get access to blocked sites and apps in your country and thereby use the internet to your best advantage. In this manner, you can get as much independence as you want while surfing the internet.
- Privacy: This is one of the main advantages of using a VPN. While using a VPN your actual details are hidden from the trackers of the internet and you only have a virtual identity. This allows you to freely sirf the web without the risk of being caught in the act. Moreover, the data you send and receive stays between the sender and receiver and not with anyone else. Upon exiting a VPN all the cached data and cookies get wiped of your system and keeps the record clean.
- Easy to use: VPN have come a long way since it was first used. Now it is freely available and with a series of easy to use interfaces. It has easy protocols and faster response times than ever before. With a single click you can set up a VPN connection on your own.
- Pocket-friendly: A great incentive to use VPN is its cost structure. VPNs come with a monthly, quarterly and yearly subscription schemes with ample amount of data allowance and availability across platforms. This reduces the cost of using the service. Some VPNs also provide free trial periods ranging from a week to a month. They are almost free to set up and only require a good internet connection.
- Greater performance: Using several servers, VPN allows its users to make the most out of the internet speed. They create a connection to the server that provides better download and upload speeds and reduce turnaround times. This improves the performance of the entire process.
- Data sharing: A large group of friends or family can set up their own VPN and can share large amounts of data over the VPN connection without incurring high costs of internet.
Now, you need a good and reliable VPN service provider to help you gain the most of these advantages. It is more worthy if it’s a free VPN. We have a few that made to our list of free VPNs:
- Proton VPN: It is a great VPN service which provides several perks such as unlimited data and bandwidth, decent speeds, cross platform availablity and a kill switch as well. It has both a free VPN and a paid VPN version. This allows users to choose plans according to their using patterns.
- Windscribe VPN: It is a Canada based service which provides services in over 50+ Countries and 100+ Cities with servers. It has good speeds and lets users to secure data with additional security layers. Its data plan is restricted to 10GB per month on 13 servers which can be extended by users upon tweeting about the software. It provides paid VPN and free VPN subscriptions both, depending upon user requirements.
- Tunnelbear: it is another VPN provider with great market repute. It offers 500MB bandwidth per month but its tweet to get 1GB policy is worth it. It has less functions in the free VPN version but the paid version has unlimited bandwidth and access to geo-blocked websites. It adds additional security to data via obfuscation.
- Hotspot Shield: It is a VPN service that claims itself to be the fastest among the rest and it is to some extent. With millions of users, the servers might lag on occasions but works fine on most. It has both limited and unlimited data plans and a military grade encryption policy. However, it may run third-party ads. It is quite Uuser Ffriendly and easy to use. Overall it is a good package.
Now let’s make it clear, it is completely legal to use a FREE VPN unless it poses a threat to the nation. It should However be safely used and even so only when it’s needed.
Go ahead and browse Safe.