People like to read and dive deeper into the atmosphere of traveling life. Especially now, in terms of the global pandemic, blogs about trips and travel destinations get more and more attention.
However, learning how to become a travel blogger can be tough, and you have to master some key things. Travel is a very fertile topic for trying your hand at blogging. As an author of cleverwander.com, I’ll give you some advice for creating a travel blog from scratch.
Why Start Writing About Traveling?
First of all, you should give yourself an honest answer about why you need a blog:
- I want to share my experience with the world;
- I have amazing photos from all around our beautiful planet, but it’s not enough;
- I’ve seen so many fake reviews about popular hotels and resorts, and I want to speak the truth;
- I want to make some additional income.
Some of these statements do not require starting a whole blog. For example, you can create a community on Facebook to share your photos with short descriptions. But if you decide to create a real traveling website, you have to set up a checklist of things to do. Use mine if you want to.
Checklist of Steps to Create a Travel Blog from Scratch:
- Choose a domain name and register it;
- Get reliable hosting;
- Think out your potential posts ideas;
- Choose a platform for blogging;
- Design your site and start writing.
Select a domain name
Always stick to a shorter name. You can understand it from your personal experience. If I asked you to tell me the top three Instagram blogs you follow, you would obviously name those with short names. Your short and simple name should also represent your blog’s content perfectly. Once you’ve dealt with choosing a name, you will have to register a domain.
Reliable hosting is a key
Search for hostings that provide great site performance. Of course, this requires money to be invested, but if you want to get appreciation, you have to make quality content. A reliable hosting will help with website availability, loading time, and convenience.
Lifehack for writing posts
Traveling posts should be cool and easy to read. There’s a list of questions to help you to come up with article ideas:
- Do you have anything special to share about your recent trips?
- Do you have tips or reviews for products/equipment/etc., which you used during your trips?
- Do you plan any trips? Which places are you going to visit and why?
- Can you give advice on how to choose a hotel in a particular city?
These are the typical questions I ask myself to get some ideas for my future posts. It is also useful to see what other blogs are writing, so don’t be lazy and spend some time checking out other blogs on your niche.
CMS or a blogging platform
Content Management System or a CMS is your way of making a convenient and user-friendly blog. A proper blogging platform helps to manage and post your articles quickly. Usually, such platforms also have plug-ins and other useful things for providing the best experience for you and your readers.
Make a design and start writing
Any site or blog starts with a good and user-friendly design. You can buy a ready-made template or ask a specialist to create a unique design specifically for your blog.
Quick Sum Up
That’s it! I believe that following the steps from my checklist will help you to create a successful and profitable traveling blog!